Why Choose the University of Lincoln?
At the University of Lincoln students have opportunity to engage in world-class research, work alongside expert academics, gain real-world experience and graduate with excellent career prospects.
- Excellent career prospects for graduates
- Strong links with global companies such as Siemens
- Gold standard university
- Located in the heart of a historic and dynamic city
- International reputation for academic excellence and research
- Welcoming students from more than 100 countries.
Learn at a Highly Recognised Institution
The University of Lincoln has had many accolades as well as ranking highly in many league tables, both nationally and globally.
- Named as one of the greatest young universities in the world by the Times Higher Education’s (THE) Young University Rankings 2020
- Ranked within the top 20 universities in the UK for overall student satisfaction National Student Survey 2020
- Awarded a 5-star score overall in the prestigious QS Stars rating system of global universities
- Ranked 5th for local life, reflecting the amazing city and student experience
- Internationally ranked 7th for its diverse and welcoming university community
- Ranked 7th for its postgraduate opportunities and experience
- Among the UK’s Top 10 in 3 Categories in the Whatuni? Student Choice Awards 2020
Get More than a Degree
Students benefit from access to cutting-edge technology and a variety of innovative teaching methods. Many degree courses also give students the option to study topics that interest them and which help them achieve their career objectives.
The University of Lincoln has been awarded Gold by the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) 2017. Developed by the Department for Education in England, the TEF assess university quality and award a gold rating for delivering consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for its students.
Engage in Research
At Lincoln, students will be part of an innovative university with research projects that are changing the world. There are opportunities to work alongside world-renowned academics on research that makes a tangible difference to society.
Gain Work Experience
Learning goes beyond the lecture theatre at the University of Lincoln. The rigorous and academic teaching style is underpinned with collaborative working, hands-on experience and strong links with business and industry professionals.
Learn from Experts
At the University of Lincoln you will learn from world-class academic staff. Some of the finest thinkers in their fields, including visiting professors, lecturers and speakers, visit Lincoln to teach and inspire students. Past speakers have included: Astronomer Royal Sir Martin Rees; ExoMars Rover engineer Abbie Hutty; and award-winning actor Sir John Hurt.
Access Specialist Facilities
The University has invested £330 million in its buildings and facilities. The £28 million Isaac Newton Building is home to Lincoln's Schools of Engineering, Computer Science, and Mathematics and Physics. It is the base for the University's growing strategic partnership with Siemens, representing a vibrant hub of academic teaching and learning, pioneering research, and collaboration with international industrial partners.
Lincoln’s library is open 24/7 for most of the academic year. Resources include more than 250,000 printed books and over 400,000 electronic books and journals, as well as databases and specialist collections.
Stand Out as a Graduate
The University supports students so that they can get the best out of their career. Careers Advisers at Lincoln provide advice with CVs, job applications and interview techniques, and organise a range of events, including employability workshops.
Graduates from the University of Lincoln have secured jobs at major companies and organisations around the world. Recent graduate destinations include the BBC, Rolls-Royce, Siemens, Boots, GlaxoSmithKline, PwC and Rockstar Games.
Explore the University Campus
If you are interested in what campus looks like, where you can study and what facilities you will be able to use, take a tour.
You can also discover Lincoln's campus through this student-built video game Lincoln Island offers the chance to explore Brayford Pool by completing quests designed to give you a feel for life in Lincoln.